Our residencies run in spring and autumn each year. Each residency brings four glass and visual artists at different stages of their career to live and work together for six to eight weeks. Through collaboration, cross fertilisation of ideas and practice residencies creates new opportunities for learning, exploration and creative development.
Artists come from the UK and overseas and this international blend of ideas and talent is one of the key strengths of the residencies. You can see images from past residencies in our Flickr set
Current Residency: A FOREST OF GLASS
21 October to 13 December 2013
With Heather Gillespie, Madeline Mackay, Laura Reid, Wil Sideman
A Forest of Glass is part of Creative Futures, a Creative Scotland talent development programme which aims to promote the professional development, capabilities, connectivity and ambitions of Scotland’s creative practitioners and organisations. Click here to follow their adventures
CALL OUT for KILNFORMING & KILN CASTING RESIDENCY: 2 April to 28 May 2014
Applications must be received by North Lands Creative Glass by 14 November 2013
North Lands Creative Glass is offering an eight week residency for four talented artists working in kilnforming and kiln casting glass. The Residency will be focusing primarily on kiln working (fusing, slumping, casting, painting etc.).
We are looking for artists who have an interest in exploring new forms of making, or ways of working, through collaboration. The residency will offer the opportunity to create work and collaborate with other artists while also developing new techniques and ideas. This opportunity will allow you to enhance your own practice while working within a peer group to share and gain further skills. Artists-in-residence benefit from a comprehensive range of facilities in the Alastair Pilkington Studio. A £400 stipend will be provided to assist with travel and living expenses over the eight week period. Basic materials will be provided up to a value of £300 per resident. This allowance is for materials and not available as a cash equivalent.
This residency is supported by Creative Scotland.
This opportunity is open to artists worldwide.
The selection panel will make the residency awards in early December 2013.
See application instructions below or email: firstname.lastname@example.org or call +44(0)1593 721229 for further information.
HOW TO APPLY FOR NORTH LANDS RESIDENCIES:
FIRST – register your interest in the residency to get further details by filling in the form here or email email@example.com
SECOND – when you have read the further details and are ready to make your application:
You can apply online
You can apply by email or by post – applicants must supply the following:
1. A one-page statement outlining the following:
- The work you intend to pursue during the residency period including techniques and processes
- How the residency will benefit your artistic and career development
- What you intend to accomplish.
2. Current C.V.
3. Ten images of recent work. Images can be emailed as Jpegs (maximum dimension 720 pixels, at 72 dpi) or you can submit a link to images online. Each image should be titled to correspond with any references made in your statement, dated with the date the piece was made, and dimensions and techniques detailed.
4. If applicable, please indicate which image best represents the work you would pursue during the residency.
5. Two letters of recommendation. These can be sent separately but must arrive by application deadline.
6. One paragraph biography suitable for publicity purposes.
7. Completed Application Form including full contact information including telephone number and email address.
Email applications should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
Postal applications should be sent to:
North Lands Creative Glass