Our residencies run in spring and autumn each year. Each residency brings four glass and visual artists, at different stages of their career, to live and work together here for six to eight weeks, or here and another venue for mixed-media partnership residencies. Through collaboration, cross fertilisation of ideas and practice, the residency creates new opportunities for learning, exploration and creative development.
Residents come from the UK and overseas and this international blend of ideas and talent is one of the key strengths of the residencies. Our Alastair Pilkington Studio enables the artists in residence to benefit from a wide range of facilities. Artists often cite their residency as a seminal moment in their work, where the space and time afforded at North Lands Creative Glass has led to a new body of work, or new direction which has significantly influenced their work. You can see images from past residencies in our Flickr set
HOT GLASS RESIDENCY: 3 April to 14 May 2013
The successful artists are:
Jeff Ballard, USA
Amanda Dziedzic, Australia
Anne Petters, Germany
Trish Roan, Australia
Read about their Weekend Workshop in sandcasting in our blog
This residency is supported by Creative Scotland.
Watch out for news of forthcoming residencies.
HOW TO APPLY FOR NORTH LANDS RESIDENCIES:
FIRST – register your interest in the residency and get further details by filling in the form here or email email@example.com
When you are ready to make your application:
You can apply online
You can apply by email or by post – applicants must supply the following:
1. A one-page statement outlining the following:
- The work you intend to pursue during the residency period including techniques and processes
- How the residency will benefit your artistic and career development
- What you intend to accomplish.
2. Current C.V.
3. Ten images of recent work. Images can be emailed as Jpegs (maximum dimension 720 pixels, at 72 dpi) or you can submit a link to images online. Each image should be titled to correspond with any references made in your statement, dated with the date the piece was made, and dimensions and techniques detailed.
4. If applicable, please indicate which image best represents the work you would pursue during the residency.
5. Two letters of recommendation. These can be sent separately but must arrive by application deadline.
6. One paragraph biography suitable for publicity purposes.
7. Completed Application Form including full contact information including telephone number and email address.
Email applications should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
Postal applications should be sent to:
North Lands Creative Glass